HOW TO CONNECT FDM-DUO CORRECTLY
If you have connected successfully FDM-DUO, these devices should appear in panel controll –> hardware and sounds –> DEVICE MANAGER:
1- DRIVER: the RX USB of FDM-DUO needs to be connected to a USB2.0 port of your PC. Please check under “device manager" –>ELAD samplers–> ELAD-FDM DUO. You can see how to install the SW2 software here –> driver installation
2-USB SOUND CARD: the TX usb port of FDM-DUO needs to be connected to a USB 2.0 port of the PC and power on the device. If you have connected them correctly, it should appear on the " FDM-DUO audio device" under the note " audio inputs and outputs". It doesn’t need any kind of installation.
3- CAT: usb cat of fdm-duo needs to be connected to usb2,0 port of your PC. You can check this when under your “device manager" –> “usb serial port COM#." The # depends of the numbers of other cat you have installed before.
HOW TO START USING FDM-DUO WITH SW2
When the FDM-DUO is connected to PC it is possible to explore new possibilities like monitor, more than one frequencies and select where to transmit.
FDM-DUO CONTROL PANEL
It appears a new botton when FDM-DUO is connected
The main goal of this panel is to setup the FDM-DUO from PC without managing on the DUO’s standalone buttons. This functions will appear:
- SYNC RX MODE: to check this function allow to sync the RX mode of the DUO with the SW2;
- ANTENNA AUTOMATION: it makes antennas simple to switch. It is very useful to compare 2 antennas or, if the RX antenna have external preselector, to work in VHF frequencies;
- VOLUME CONTROL: there are two sliders to control the volume of the speaker and the auxiliary volume;
- TX POWER: it allows to set the transmit power output of the transceiver;
- AGC MODE AND GAIN:it is possible to change in an easier way than manual.
Moreover, from this panel, it is possible to access to the FDM-DUO manager if CAT USB is connected.
From the FDM-DUO control Panel is possible to access to the FDM-DUO Manager.
This operation need to have CAT USB connected.
FDM_DUO Manager allow to set some of the features memorized on the Stand-Alone FDM-DUO transceiver, like Memories, CW messages, LCD Backlight and Preselectors that can be used when in stand-alone mode.
Once setup the correct COM CAT port DUO MANAGER will read all the configurations saved in the DUO RTX. The first Tab show the memory contents, here is possible to sort the memory positions (Move-UP or Move-Down), edit the labels set MODE for that frequency and SAVE to DUO with the SAVE Button.
To keep a copy of memory is possible to SAVE to FILE.
IF FDM-SW2 STATION MEMORY setting is set to File, on the left part of the FDM-DUO Manager will appear the directory of the stations memorized on FDM-SW2 like the figure below:
It is possible to copy the content of SW2 memories to DUO memories simply selecting the memory position (on left Radio China) and selecting the position you want to copy in the right side (in this example MEMO #136) then clicking on arrow button -> is possible to copy the frequency and the label. With the button SAVE is possible to Store all new memory configuration in the DUO device.
In this tab the user can configure the backlight color for each operating mode of the FDM-DUO.
• “Load Configurations”: reads from the FDM-DUO the backlight configuration settings;
• “Configuration”: select the configuration to modify;
• Backlight R/ Backlight G/ Backlight B: adjust the red, green and blue component of the backlight
for the selected configuration;
• “Set Color”: apply (without save) the slide bars settings;
• “Store Selected Configuration”: save the settings for the selected configuration;
• “Default”: set all configuration (without save into the FDM-DUO) to default values;
• “Save All Configuration”: save all configurations in the FDM-DUO.
In the FDM-DUO it is possible to store ten CW messages.
• “Load”: reads from the FDM-DUO the stored CW messages;
• Enter the CW message in a text boxe and click on “Save” to store the message;
• Click on “Save All” to save all the messages.
If the SFE-08 board is selected, the user can enable/disable each pre-selector and set pre-selector high pass and low pass frequency.
• “Load”: reads the SPF-08 preselectors configuration stored in the FDM-DUO;
• “Enable Presel SPF-08 Table”: enable/Disable the Presel SPF-08 management;
• “Save”: save the configuration in the FDM-DUO.
TRANSMITTING WITH FDM-DUO
FDM-DUO internal hardware have completely separate RX and TX block, FDM-SW2 take advantage of this by means of the function SPLIT.
When the SPLIT mode is selected the VFO A frequency is reserved for RX while VFO B set frequency is reserved for TX; showing this on the main panel of SW2 activating the receiver 4 TX button
the center center frequency is 14.070691 KHz (VFO A), the DUO VFO B is set to 14.018487 Hz, while in selecting the TX button Yellow (relative to RX2) the TX frequency (VFO B) will be set to 14.470140Hz.
ON the FDM DUO will appear SP meaning to be in SPLIT mode, and, in this condition is possible to monitor the TX frequency setting the display to visualize VFO-B.
The TX mode is selectable in the combo-box TX panels (CW, USB, LSB, AM and FM).
CW TRANSMITTING MODE OPTIONS
If the transmitting mode is set to CW, the user can choose the TX input between key or paddle.
USB, LSB, AM, FM TRANSMITTING MODE OPTIONS
If the transmitting mode is set to USB, LSB, AM or FM, the TX input can be set to:
- USB input soundcard;
- advance TX control.
FDM-DUO ADVANCED TX
AUDIO IN: Select input device for transmission. It could be a microphone connected to the PC or another audio input device
• WAVE OUT: Select the output device. If you want to use the FDM-DUO to transmit, connect the FDM-DUO TX USB soundcard to the PC an select the device “Line (FDM-DUO Audio Device)”;
￼￼• Click on to “QUIT" to start process;
• The “PTT" is push to talk button;
• PLAY FILES;